Products > Cryo Valves > Tube Amp Doctor Cryo
DEEP CYROGENTIC TREATMENT The process involves taking the vacuum tubes and freezing them down to -312 f and soaking these for a minimum of 12 hours. Then the temp is held at this low level for 24 hours. The vacuum tubes are then slowly brought up to normal levels over the next 12 hours. Metals respond very well to deep cryogenic process. The reasons are as follows. During the cooling or solidification phase of the manufacturing process, molecules are trapped in a haphazard pattern. This is down to stress caused in the bending and welding of the anode plate material.. This random placement causes obstacles for electrons and when encountered this interference can cause noise, slow down electron flow and sound deteriation affecting the quality of the sound of the vacuum tube. At very cold temperatures (below -312°F), the molecules will align in a more uniform, compact structure through the removal of kinetic energy. When the material is returned to ambient temperature, this new uniform, compact pattern is maintained, Thus changing the structure of the nickel permanently. This process makes a permanent change and the benefits do not deteriorate over time or upon return to operating temperature, it changes the whole way the vacuum tube performs. The biggest benefits I have found has been a dramatic improvement in dymanic range. Bass response has been clearer with reduction in microphonics. The really most starling fact as been how the valve operates under saturated and overdriven conditions. This has made some of the more basic Fender amps sound fuller and warmer.
Watford Valves has Cryogenically treated some of the more popular and best sounding Tube Amp Doctor valves. This process makes a permanent change and the benefits do not deteriorate over time or upon return to operating temperature, it changes the whole way the vacuum tube performs. The biggest benefits I have found has been a dramatic improvement in dynamic range. Bass response has been clearer with reduction in microphonics. The soundstage is bigger with more detail with a big reduction in the noise floor. The really most starling fact has been how the valve operates under saturated and overdriven conditions in guitar amplifiers. The distortion is smoother with less hardness and is musically pleasing to the ear.
- NameManufacturerCommentStockPrice PhotoOrder
- 6L6GC-STR-TAD CRYOTube Amp Doctor Cryo The Cryo T.A.D 6L6GC-STR is an excellent valve and in sonic terms out performs the standard untreated item by a long ...In stock£25.00Buy Now
- 6L6WGC-STR BLACK PLATE TAD CRYOTube Amp Doctor Cryo The TAD 6L6WGC-STR Cryo is one of my favourite valves as the cryo treatment really takes this valves performance to ...In stock£26.00Buy Now
- 6V6GT STR-TAD CRYOTube Amp Doctor Cryo This is a special Cryo treated version of the TAD 6V6GT-STR. TAD have based the design on the oval plate RCA and GE ...In stock£26.00Buy Now
- ECC83/ 7025-WA TAD RT080-CRYOTube Amp Doctor Cryo The TAD 7025 WA Cryo is a low noise version of the TAD ECC83 WA selected for use in demanding V1 position of high gain ...In stock£14.00Buy Now
- ECC83/ 7025S-TAD CRYO RT011 MULLARD STLYETube Amp Doctor Cryo The TAD 12AX7 7025S Cryo is TAD reproduction of the legendary original Mullard ECC83.The valve features Mullard style ...In stock£24.00Buy Now
- ECC83/ ECC83WA-TAD RT008-CRYOTube Amp Doctor Cryo The TAD ECC83 WA is a valve from TAD which is aimed at the Fender market and provides a clear high end response. TAD ...In stock£10.00Buy Now
- EL34B STR-TAD-CRYOTube Amp Doctor Cryo This is a specially cryo treated version of this popular current production EL34. The latest Chinese EL34 which has ...In stock£26.00Buy Now
- EL84C STR-TAD CRYOTube Amp Doctor Cryo The Cryo Treated EL84-C has a number of sonic advantages over the non treated item.This Chinese made EL84 is known for ...In stock£16.00Buy Now