Products > Cryo Valves > Philips ECG JAN CRYO
DEEP CYROGENTIC TREATMENT The process involves taking the vacuum tubes and freezing them down to -312 f and soaking these for a minimum of 12 hours. Then the temp is held at this low level for 24 hours. The vacuum tubes are then slowly brought up to normal levels over the next 12 hours. Metals respond very well to deep cryogenic process. The reasons are as follows. During the cooling or solidification phase of the manufacturing process, molecules are trapped in a haphazard pattern. This is down to stress caused in the bending and welding of the anode plate material.. This random placement causes obstacles for electrons and when encountered this interference can cause noise, slow down electron flow and sound deteriation affecting the quality of the sound of the vacuum tube. At very cold temperatures (below -312°F), the molecules will align in a more uniform, compact structure through the removal of kinetic energy. When the material is returned to ambient temperature, this new uniform, compact pattern is maintained, Thus changing the structure of the nickel permanently. This process makes a permanent change and the benefits do not deteriorate over time or upon return to operating temperature, it changes the whole way the vacuum tube performs. The biggest benefits I have found has been a dramatic improvement in dymanic range. Bass response has been clearer with reduction in microphonics. The really most starling fact as been how the valve operates under saturated and overdriven conditions. This has made some of the more basic Fender amps sound fuller and warmer.
Philips electronics components group was the name given to the products marketed in America after Philips bought the American valve manufacturer Sylvania in the early 1980’s. Sylvania was a major manufacturer of valves and Philips bought them to get the lucrative American Government and military contracts. These valves are specially selected and Cryo treated to offer the highest military grade construction and the ultimate sonic performance and were all made in the USA.
- NameManufacturerCommentStockPrice PhotoOrder
- ECC82/ 5814A-PHILIPS CRYOPhilips ECG JAN CRYOSpecially Cryo treated ECC82/5814A Philips using a proven method of Audio treatment so you will get the benefits of ...In stock£25.00Buy Now
- 5Y3WGTA-PHILIPS CRYOPhilips ECG JAN CRYOThese are the Original American made Jan specification Cryo Philips 5Y3WGTA with the rare black plate box anode ...In stock£28.00Buy Now
- 6111WA-PHILIPS-CRYOPhilips ECG JAN CRYOOriginal USA made Philips Jan specification 6111WA Military grade super miniature valve that is the highest quality ...In stock£20.00Buy Now
- 6L6WGB/ 5881-PHILIPS CRYOPhilips ECG JAN CRYOThese are the Cryo treated version of the original small bottle American Military JAN 6L6WGB/5881 that was made for the ...In stock£38.00Buy Now
- 7199-PHILIPS CRYOPhilips ECG JAN CRYOThese are the real deal 7199 Philips made in the U.S.A for the American military.The 7199 was used in many vintage ...In stock£35.00Buy Now
- ECC81/ 12AT7WC PHILIPS-CRYOPhilips ECG JAN CRYOOriginal Military grade JAN specification 12AT7WC Philips Cryo made in the U.S.A for the American government. Philips ...In stock£16.00Buy Now
- ECC83/ 12AX7WA-PHILIPS-CRYOPhilips ECG JAN CRYOOriginal Military grade JAN specification 12AX7WA Philips Cryo made in the U.S.A for the American government. The valve ...In stock£52.00Buy Now
- ECC83/ 5751-PHILIPS-CRYOPhilips ECG JAN CRYOThis is a specially cryo treated Philips 5751.The cryo treatment offers more detail and clarity over the standard item. ...In stock£34.00Buy Now