Products > Cryo Valves > Svetlana Winged C Cryo
DEEP CYROGENTIC TREATMENT The process involves taking the vacuum tubes and freezing them down to -312 f and soaking these for a minimum of 12 hours. Then the temp is held at this low level for 24 hours. The vacuum tubes are then slowly brought up to normal levels over the next 12 hours. Metals respond very well to deep cryogenic process. The reasons are as follows. During the cooling or solidification phase of the manufacturing process, molecules are trapped in a haphazard pattern. This is down to stress caused in the bending and welding of the anode plate material.. This random placement causes obstacles for electrons and when encountered this interference can cause noise, slow down electron flow and sound deteriation affecting the quality of the sound of the vacuum tube. At very cold temperatures (below -312°F), the molecules will align in a more uniform, compact structure through the removal of kinetic energy. When the material is returned to ambient temperature, this new uniform, compact pattern is maintained, Thus changing the structure of the nickel permanently. This process makes a permanent change and the benefits do not deteriorate over time or upon return to operating temperature, it changes the whole way the vacuum tube performs. The biggest benefits I have found has been a dramatic improvement in dymanic range. Bass response has been clearer with reduction in microphonics. The really most starling fact as been how the valve operates under saturated and overdriven conditions. This has made some of the more basic Fender amps sound fuller and warmer.
The valves that we stock under the Svetlana winged C are the original items made by the JSC Svetlana Company that owns and operates the Svetlana factory in St. Petersburg, Russia. This factory has a long history of making valves and transmitting valves .In fact have been making vacuum tubes for over 100 years.
These valves have constantly topped not only our own valve reviews but also in audio and guitar reviews the world over. They offer some of the best sounding types available today.
Watford valves has cryogenically treated some of the more popular and best sounding Original Svetlana / winged C valves. This process makes a permanent change to the valves performance and the benefits do not deteriorate over time or upon return to operating temperature, it changes the whole way the vacuum tube performs..
The biggest benefits I have found have been a huge improvement in audio performance. The soundstage is bigger with more detail with a big reduction in the noise floor. The most dramatic improvement has been how the valve operates under saturated and overdriven conditions in guitar amplifiers. The distortion is smoother with less hardness and is musically pleasing to the ear.
- NameManufacturerCommentStockPrice PhotoOrder
- 6550C-SVETLANA WINGED C CRYOSvetlana Winged C Cryo Original Svetlana 6550C winged C which is regarded as one of the best 6550 available today. These are the ORIGINAL ...Sold Out£100.00Buy Now
- 6L6GC-SVETLANA WINGED C CRYOSvetlana Winged C Cryo The Svetlana 6L6GC was designed based on the famous Sylvania STR 387 6L6GC and manufactured in the JSC Svetlana factory ...In stock£40.00Buy Now
- 6L6GC-SVETLANA WINGED C MESA SELECT CRYOSvetlana Winged C Cryo Mesa Select for use in Mesa Boogies
This valve is specially selected to run in Mesa Boogies fixed bias ...In stock£42.00Buy Now
- 6N1P-SVETLANA-CRYOSvetlana Winged C Cryo Only 4 left
This is a special Cryo version for high end audio.The Svetlana 6N1P is the long life EB version ...In stock£16.00Buy Now
- EL34-SVETLANA WINGED C CRYOSvetlana Winged C Cryo The Svetlana EL34 has become standard equipment in Marshall Amplifiers for many years now. The design is based on the ...In stock£35.00Buy Now