Products > Speakers > Weber Speakers
Changing your speaker will make the biggest single most dramatic improvement in your sound. At Watford valves we stock the drivers that can help you find the tone you are looking for.
ALNICO MAGNET SPEAKERS
Alnico magnets are made from a combination of aluminium, nickel and cobalt used to make the magnets. The speakers were common in amps made in the 1940 through to the late sixties. The Alnico speakers have a rich warm overdrive sound. They are famous for the early speaker distortion with touch sensitive response. They have a large dynamic range and long life with a bright tone.
CERAMIC MAGNET SPEAKERS
Ceramic magnet units tend to provide higher power handling at a lower cost than alnico magnet units. They produce a sound which is generally considered harder with more punch and aggression. They are considered less sweet than the alnico whist providing greater clean headroom.
NEODYMIUIM MAGET SPEAKERS
Neodymium magnet speakers offer the fastest cone response of any magnet material. The speakers retain some of the sonic benefits of the alnico magnets but offer high power handling with very low weight.
Over the years, many companies have attempted to recapture the sonic essence of loudspeakers manufactured and installed in musical amplifiers during the 50s and 60s. Ted Weber company, Weber VST have studied each speaker in the most minute detail. Issues as Ceramic versus AlNiCo magnets, cone types, basket styles and cutouts, paints, terminal connections, cone, spider, voice coil and dustcap materials, manufacturing and assembly techniques and glue.This attention to detail and accurate sonic reproduction has made Weber Speakers the choice of countless professional musicians The world over. Weber Speakers all all hand made to order in the U.S.A. I am delighted to introduce a number of Webers most popular models as a stock item to the UK.
- WEBER-06H-CER-SIG6 HARP DUSTCAP-15-4OHM SMOOTH CONEWeber SpeakersThis is a special harmonica speaker which is a Weber 6 inch ceramic Smooth cone with a harp dust cap and is from the ...In stock£45.00Buy Now
- WEBER-8-CER-PUP-15-4 OHMWeber SpeakersThe Weber Ceramic 8 inch Blue Pup 15 watt 4 ohm is from the Weber British series. The British Series gives the Classic ...In stock£50.00Buy Now
- WEBER-8H-CER-SIG8 HARP DUST CAP-15-8 OHMWeber SpeakersThe Weber Ceramic Signature 8 15 watt 8 ohm is a custom order speaker for blues harmonica players from the Weber ...In stock£
- WEBER-10-CER-VIN-F150-LD-50-16OHM Weber SpeakersThe Weber 10 inch Ceramic 10F150-LD is from the Weber Vintage series. The Vintage Series gives the throaty/reedy ...In stock£
- WEBER-10-CER-VIN-F150-LD-50- HEMP CONE 16OHMWeber SpeakersThe Weber 10 inch Ceramic 10F150-LD Hemp cone is from the Weber Vintage series. This Speaker from the Vintage Series is ...In stock£
- WEBER-10-CER-VIN-F150T-LD-50-16OHMWeber SpeakersThe Weber 10 inch Ceramic 10F150-T- LD is from the Weber Vintage series. The Vintage Series gives the throaty reedy ...In stock£